Obsession of the Week: Weddings

>> Thursday, July 15, 2010

What is there not to love about weddings?! I'm mad about all of it!

My husband and I got married about a year ago and my wedding mania has not died down one bit (it helps that my sister got married last week and that I write articles for Best Hudson Valley Wedding Ever).

Can we talk about wedding shows for a second? I love them! Bridezillas, Say Yes to the Dress, My Fair Wedding, Rich Bride Poor Bride. You name it and I've probably seen it and enjoyed it way more than my husband would like me to publicly admit. And let me tell you, there's nothing like watching a reality wedding show while you're working out. I've had many an elliptical/Bridezillas date!

For a while, I was saying I wanted to be a wedding planner. My husband's reply to that has always been "One word: bridezillas." He's totally right. I want to do the shopping for the wedding, but I don't want to deal with a deranged bride who is unhappy with the shade of white I used for her table runner. I'd much rather shop around and show the world pretty pictures of weddings or display ideas that will get brides' imaginations flowing.

It's sort of like shopping for something really fun without having to spend a cent of my own money-- now that's an idea that works for me (and I'm pretty sure it works for my husband too)!

Sources: Just Married Glittered Burlap Banner by funkyshique;
Tiffany- Altered Vintage Ty
pewriter Key Cuff Links by GemmaBeads

clockwise from top left:
Scalloped Bridal Shrug White or Ivory Lace by rohm
Our Nest Our Home- custom engraved couple's name stones by sjengraving
Small simple clutches for bridesmaids... choose your colours by mollusa
Monette Peony Hair Fascinator by SelahVieDesigns

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP