Inspiration: Feathers

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010


I have so many new and exciting pieces coming, but I'm keeping them under wraps while I'm in a sort of transition period. Big changes are coming soon so watch for an announcement!

One of the supplies I'm working with right now are feathers. I just love them! Soft and dreamy, they make everything seem a little lighter and airier. At the same time, with just the smallest tweaks you can add an edge to them that give a harder contrast to all that sweetness.

They can also give off a sort of fairytale vibe, making them perfect for brides. I'm not sure where the feather/fairytale connection comes in (feather pens? feather fans? feather hair pieces?), but (for me at least) it's a strong association.

Here's a little collection of some of the feathery beauties that are out there:

Clockwise from top left:
Fay by LoBoheme
Folk Feather earrings by blueberryshoes
Steampunk Feather Necklace by bionicunicorn
Nayana by pegasusmaiden

2 comments:

Hollie May May 5, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

awwwww thank you so much for featuring my earrings!! the blog is so cute girl!

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP