Day Five: Phew

>> Monday, May 3, 2010

Today was a breeze. I'm not sure if it's because I know I'm almost there or if I'm just getting used to it. My biggest problem was a craving for Peppermint Patties. My mom always keeps some on hand because my daughter is obsessed with them, so between knowing they were there and smelling them on my daughter's breath when we stopped in for a visit, I was seriously aching for one. I managed to get out unscathed though and I was fine for the rest of the day.

Another issue I've been having is the lack of foods I'm able to eat. I'm sick of just about everything I've been eating this week. I'm mostly sick of knowing there's not much I can eat. When the week is over I plan on eating a lot more whole foods, like the fruits and veggies I've been living on. But I'll be glad to have the option of carbs like bread and English muffins. I could really go for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

On to Day Six!

Breakfast: berry smoothie, nuts
Lunch: apple with natural peanut butter
Snacks: nuts, guac, veggies
Diner: grilled chicken, brown rice, broccoli and sugar snap peas

2 comments:

Ginny Huber May 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Hmm. Hi Jen: I just read back over your Glamour magazine cleanse and am impressed that you are doing this. I am also a chocaholic along the same lines as you are..so I'll be interested to hear "the outcome"!Good luck finishing up the week!!

Jen May 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Thanks, Ginny! Somehow I've managed to make it. I just have one more full day before the cleanse is over. I guess the real test is how I do on Wednesday!

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP