What's New...

>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My little sister got married this weekend! We cried a lot and had lots of fun catching up with family members we haven't seen in a while. It was a great time.

I haven't been creating too much lately with all of the wedding stuff there was to do, so I wanted to share with you a piece that I made for my sister (isn't she preeeetty?).

She really wanted a big, dramatic feather hairpiece that was sort of wild and natural and had a splash of color. We designed this together (I had to reign her in a bit so she didn't end up looking like swamp thing, hahaha!) and tweaked it a few times (it was on a lace headband before she decided to wear her hair up) so that it was exactly what she imagined.
I used a few really fluffy feathers, some more structured feathers that added a nice layer of texture, and some deep purple dried buds that matched my dress (I was the maid of honor) and the irises in her bouquet. Everything was hand sewn and then attached to a comb (we also used bobby pins to make sure it stayed put all day). The end result was something she absolutely adored, so I was happy!

Congratulations Michele!!!
...oh and Jay too ;)

By the way, her cool veil is the same one I wore on my wedding day by Etsian Tessa Kim!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP