Obsession of the Week: Dutch Stroopwafels

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010

My friend Aimee (yes, blueberry Aimee from last week) when to Amsterdam for work and brought everyone back stroopwafels as a souvenir. Obsessed does not even begin to cover it!

If you've never heard of them, these yummy little treats are basically two thin waffles with a yummy layer of caramel in between. They are absolutely heavenly!

Now you would think that since they're not that widely available here in the states, I would eat them slowly, savoring each and every bite. But no. She of little self control has already polished off the whole box-- without even trying them softened over a cup of tea (two hot for tea with the 90+ temps plus stifling humidity here in NY).

Now I'll just have to being my search for a place that I can buy them from regularly. So far, I've found these pretty ones from LittleDutchBakery. Now I just have to find a store that carries them in case a craving comes on and I need them in a pinch.

Thanks Aims, for my delicious treat and for yet another food addiction!

Photo: Stroopwafels by LittleDutchBakery

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP