Inspiration: Tea Party

>> Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lovely Day photo, alicebgardens; Spring Mix Pot Holder, Anthropologie
I loooove tea. I was never really into it until I took an incredible trip to Ireland during college. Just about everywhere we went, we were offered tea. At the time, I didn't even know how I liked mine (today a packet or two of Splenda does the trick).

I'm not sure if it was because tea reminded me of our excellent adventures or if it was that I fell in love with it, but as soon as we got back to the States, I hunted down a box of the Irish tea we drank there. I've been kind of obsessed ever since.

My tea craze has slowly bled into being obsessed with all things tea related. I have about a million little teacups and adore cute little teapots so much that they're slowly starting to take over my cabinets. Luckily for me, my husband loves tea just as much as I do (the teacups and teapots, not so much). We have an entire shelf in one of our cabinets that's like a tea explosion. White, green, black, herbal and in just about any flavor you could want. We could open our own little tea spot.

Lately, I've been wanting to throw a tea party. I know it's summer. I know it's been tropical in the northeast. I know tea doesn't mesh well with heat and humidity. But I love the idea of them! So pretty and feminine-- and when you throw in a woodland-themed kick they're downright magical.

I've put together a little collection of tea-related lovelies that are sure to put you in the mood for tea too-- heat or no heat!

clockwise from top left: Antique silver plated cake server, hammermann; Marjorie's Spring Garden photo, fastwinn; Field of Blooms napkins, indobaytextiles; vintage tea cups, stablemates

Woodland Wedding Moss Table Runner, braggingbags; Photo, Miss Moa

blue vintage china tiered tea stand, highteaforalice; Earl Grey Sandwich Cookies, whimsyandspice; Bunting, SashaSews


1 comments:

Unknown June 30, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

I can have tea all year round. Have you tried tea with Tupelo honey? It is delicious!

Thank a lot for featuring my antique silver plate cake server in this wonderful post!

I posted your blog link on my Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hammermann/133870116626214

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP