Day Two: You've GOT to Be Kidding Me

>> Friday, April 30, 2010

Feeling proud of myself after my successful first day, I marched into work on Day 2 focused and ready to avoid chocolate. I even made sure my wallet was empty of singles or enough coins to purchase a candy bar in case of a moment of weakness in front of the vending machine. So what is the first thing I see? Girl Scout cookies! And not just any Girl Scout cookies (I can avoid the shortbread ones). But THIN MINTS!!! Arguably the BEST Girl Scout cookies (ok, Samoas and Tagalongs are pretty delicious also). A little later, I realized there were two mini Peppermint Patties in my purse. I knew that it was going to be a rough day. The universe was out to get me.

I made it through the morning strong and unwilling to bend. But the morning is never my problem area (ok, I shouldn't say never). It's the mid-afternoon slump that absolutely kills me. Somehow though, I made it. Even with those Thin Mints in my face all day. After lunch, I decided to go to the vending machine with the little bit of change I could collect from what was left in my purse and buy some peppermint Lifesavers (wee bit of a downgrade, no?). Somehow this got me through the rest of work.

When I got home, I decided to take my daughter to the mall for some retail therapy. The problem? The Great American Cookie place. Smack in the middle of the mall (and therefore, our travels) it is a shiny beacon of deliciousness. Of course my daughter wanted one. And of course (the sucker that I am) I couldn't say no. Thankfully, she decided on a sugar cookie (the easiest to turn down) and I was ok with catching a fleeting whiff of it as she devoured half. Day two was a success.

Breakfast: Strawberry Smoothie (same as yesterday) and peanuts
Snack: Strawberries
Lunch: Salad (spinach with the leftover chicken/dressing from day one plus almond slivers)
Snack: 1 TBS each of guacamole and hummus with veggies (carrots, red peppers, cucumbers)
Dinner: Barbeque chicken, 1/2 cup of brown rice, broccoli and green beans

photo sources: Thin Mint, Lifesavers, Cookie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP