Day Three: Ugh.

>> Friday, April 30, 2010

Today started out great. I was feeling good. Really proud that the first two days went off without a hitch. I cruised through the morning and didn't even have any post-lunch cravings. I actually wondered what I would have to say about today.

Then I went home.

I'm not sure what it was, but the second I walked in the door I had a fist-clenching craving for some chocolatey deliciousness. Still proud of myself for coming this far (yes, two chocolate-free days in a row is a HUGE accomplishment for me), I knew I couldn't give in. But that didn't stop me from wanting to stomp and pout like my nearly four year old. Why am I doing this again?

Luckily, today is my daughter's ballet day so I wasn't home for long before we had to run out. My husband and chef has a night shoot tonight so I knew I wouldn't be well fed. I decided to call my mom and see if she was interested in going to a local restaurant that has a killer shrimp Caesar salad. She was.

My next huge, unrelenting craving came while eating my yummy salad. I'm one of those people who needs something sweet after a meal. Knowing I wouldn't get that, I wanted it even more.

All I have to say about today is UGH.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites with pepper and onions, decaf coffee, strawberries
Snack: more strawberries
Lunch: salad (spinach, grilled chicken, almond slices, red wine vinaigrette... noticing a trend? when I like something I tend to obsess...)
Snack: 1 tbs hummus, 1 tbs guac and plenty o' veggies (see previous note)
Dinner: grilled shrimp Caesar salad

photo source: brownie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Search

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP